Ep 3 - Silverbeet and Goat Cheese Agnolotti
EP 3 Laura Cassai
Silverbeet and Goat Cheese Agnolotti
1 cup oo flour
½ cup semolina
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch silver beet, thick stalks removed, chopped
1 x 320 gram jar goat cheese, drained and crumbled
1 onion, finely chopped
1 artichoke, peeled, prepared and thinly sliced
1 bunch basil
50 grams pine nuts
2 tablespoons grated parmiggiano cheese plus more for serving
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
125 ml cream
4 slices pancetta, chopped and cooked until crisp
salt and pepper to taste
- For the pasta, place the flour, semolina and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process to combine. Add eggs and 2 teaspoons olive oil and just enough water (about 2 tablespoons) to form a dough. Transfer to a floured bench and knead for about 5 minutes to form a smooth dough. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the pasta filling, place 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frypan, add 1 clove garlic and silver beet and cook, stirring, until silver beet has wilted. Remove from heat, add goats cheese, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Feed dough through pasta machine, working through the settings. Lay one sheet on a floured bench, place teaspoon amounts of filling on the sheet, leaving a gap between each. Place another pasta sheet over the top, and press around filling to remove any air. Using an 8.5cm cutter, cut round each spoonful of filling to form agnolotti. Press edges firmly with a fork. Continue until all dough and filling has been used up. Set agnolotti aside until ready to cook.
- For the artichoke and pesto sauce, place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frypan and set over medium heat. Add the onion, remaining garlic cloves and artichoke and cook, stirring occasionally, until the artichoke is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the artichoke is cooking, place the basil, pine nuts, parmiggiano cheese and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor and process until combined. Transfer to the artichoke mixture, add cream and allow to cook until warm, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add agnolotti and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- To serve, place agnolotti in bowl, add artichoke sauce, sprinkle with crispy pancetta and grated parmiggiano.