Danny "Cage" Devine
Danny "Cage" Devine is New Zealand's "Man of the Land"
* 29-year-old professional horse-musterer, whisperer, shepherd, fencer, rodeo-enthusiast and all-round man-of-the-land
* Was the shepherd who carried "Shrek the Sheep" down the mountain on his shoulders
* Competes in Rodeo in both New Zealand and Australia
* He travels the country - wherever his work leads him - recently he was at a High Country station for 2 months breaking in a pack of horses
* Is a giant of a man - is 6 ft 6 in tall, and weighs 112kg
* His first love is breaking in wild horses - his father used to do it too
* Loves the adrenalin rush of the rodeo - says he is an adrenalin junkie
* Proudest achievement - winning Arbuckle Rodeo for Bareback Riding, even though he was told he was too big to be competitive
* Earned "handfuls of cash" in Aussie mustering cattle but would never move there, says Kiwis work harder than Aussies!
* His dream holiday would be doing the rodeo circuit in Canada "as long as my money and body held out"
* Has a genuine love of the land - is most at home in the hills of the High Country.