Poached fillet of beef and sauce ravigote
- 750ml Beef stock
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 fresh Bay Leaf
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 sprig flat leafed parsley
Beef: 600grams organic eye fillet of beef, all fat and sinew removed
- 200g green beans, stem ends cut off
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways into paper-thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup black olives
Mix the following ingredients together well and set aside:
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 5 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 3 gherkins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
Put the Beef stock, water, Bay Leaf, garlic and parsley into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the beef and simmer 10 - 15 minutes depending how rare you like it. Remove the beef, discard the cooking liquid and herbs.
Rest the beef for 5 - 10 minutes in a warm place.
In a separate saucepan, bring some water to the boil and drop the beans in. Cook 2 minutes and drain well.
Slice the beef and put it onto a warm serving platter, put the vegetables around it. Spoon the ravigote over everything.
Serves 4 - 6.