Watch & Win: Emirates Melbourne Cup
Congratulations to Stephanie Ducrot from Whangarei!
The Emirates Melbourne Cup Carnival is the most vibrant racing event in the world and this year we celebrate its 152nd anniversary!
Experience the excitement and glamour of Emirates Melbourne Cup Day with a trip worth more than twelve and a half thousand dollars!
You and a friend will fly business class on Emirates from Auckland to Melbourne. You'll stay five nights at the Crown Metropol Hotel in a luxe twin room with breakfast in the 'Mr Hive Kitchen & Bar' daily. You'll enjoy a bottle of French champagne at your leisure and dine at Rockpool Bar and Grill with a $300 voucher.
Shop with a $500 giftcard from Myer, and on Emirates Melbourne Cup Day enjoy hospitality in the prestigious international lounge, with a cocktail menu and beverages served all day. Plus you could pick a winner with two $100 betting vouchers.
You'll also attend the exclusive VRC Oaks three course club lunch at Crown, with drinks and live entertainment.
Traditionally known as ladies day, "Crown Oaks Day" is where women dress in their most feminine ensemble. You'll be at the heart of it all in the Makybe Diva Marquee. So get that outfit and hat ready!
You'll be driven in style with Melbourne Luxury Cars between the airport, hotel and all racing events.
To enter, just tell us which Class the winner will fly on Emirates!
Terms and Conditions
1. The winner ("Winner") of the "Good Morning" 2012 Melbourne Cup competition ("Competition") will win the following: Business Class Flights for two people from Auckland to Melbourne flying Emirates, the flights will leave Auckland on Sunday 4 November at 6.50pm and return from Melbourne to Auckland on Friday 9 November at 8.10am; transfers to and from Melbourne Airport and the Crown Metropol Hotel, and all racing events; 5 nights in a Luxe Twin Room at Crown Metropol Hotel including daily buffet breakfast in the hotel's Mr Hive Kitchen and Bar restaurant for two people; a bottle of French Champagne; a $300 Voucher at Rockpool Bar and Grill; a $500 giftcard from Myer Department store; hospitality for two people in the prestigious International Lounge on Emirates Melbourne Cup Day including admission to Flemington and the International Lounge, race book and continuous food and beverages throughout the day; two $100 betting vouchers; two tickets to attend the Oaks Club Ladies Luncheon on Wednesday 7 November and two tickets to the Makybe Diva Marquee on Crown Oaks Day Thursday 8 November.
2. The Winner is responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the airports in New Zealand.
3. The Winner and their proposed travel companion must both be aged 18 years or over.
4. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner and their travel companion must be able to travel on Sunday 4 November from Auckland to Melbourne departing at 6.50pm and returning on Friday 9 November at 8.10am.
5. The Winner will be selected by a random draw and must have the correct answer to the Competition question. In the event the Winner is unable to be contacted by Television New Zealand ("TVNZ"), TVNZ may at its complete discretion draw another Winner. Any decision made by TVNZ is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on 13 September 2012. Each Competition entrant ("Competitor") must provide their name, address (for the delivery of the Prize or relevant documentation), phone number and email address.
7. Television New Zealand Limited ("TVNZ") accepts no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, delayed or incomplete.
8. Neither TVNZ nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Competition or with the Prize or any part of it.
9. The Winner will have their Prize or the relevant documentation, delivered to the address listed on their entry. The Winner should allow up to 21 days for delivery of their Prize or the relevant documentation. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of the Prize or the relevant documentation, although all care will be taken.
10. The Prize does not include the cost of medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades other than as outlined in clause 1. The Prize is subject to availability, is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. All components of the Prize must be taken together.
11. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals which may be incurred.
12. Competitors acknowledge that the Prize is provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide all or any part of the Prize. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of the Prize.
13. Any word that is singular may also include the plural.
14. By entering this Competition you agree to the TVNZ standard terms and conditions on the TVNZ website as well as those specific to this Competition.
15. The Winner is subject to the VCR's Dining and Corporate Terms and Conditions on the Melbourne Cup website at http://melbournecup.com/terms-conditions