Visit Scotland Watch & Win
You and a friend could be heading off to the highlands and
lowlands of bonny scotland, on a trip worth $12,000!
You will enjoy the time honoured pleasures of the breathtaking Scottish landscape and traditional pastimes, and all the delights that modern Scotland has to offer, as well as the chance to investigate any Scottish ancestors!
The prize includes 2 return airfares, from auckland or christchurch, to glasgow courtesy of emirates, 2 rail tickets from glasgow airport to edinburgh, 5 nights accommodation, including breakfast, at apex -waterloo hotel, a trip to "the scotland peoples centre" to trace your scottish ancestry, a scottish heritage pass giving you the opportunity to visit some of scotland's most outstanding historic attractions, a city sight seeing tour , and select a day tour package with highland experience tours.
The winner of this competition is: Christine Flynn of Jervoistown, Napier
The prize includes:
- 2 x return airfares from Auckland or Christchurch to Glasgow, courtesy of Emirates Airline;
- 2 x rail tickets from Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh;
- 5 nights accomodation (including breakfast) at Apex - Waterloo Hotel;
- a trip to "the Scotland Peoples Centre" to trace your Scottish ancestry;
- a Scottish Heritage Pass giving you the opportunity to visit some of Scotland's most outstanding historic attractions;
- a city sightseeing tour; and
- you can select a day tour package with Highland Experience Tours.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Winner (Winner) of the Good Morning Visit Scotland Competition (Competition) will win the following:
a) Two economy return airfares from Auckland or
Christchurch to Glasgow on Emirates Airlines;
b) Two Standard class rail tickets from Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh;
c) 5 nights twin share accommodation at the Apex Waterloo Hotel, with breakfast daily;
d) A Scottish Heritage Pass to visit Scotlands most outstanding historic attractions;
e) A full day tour with Highland Experience Tours; and
f) A trip to "The Scotland Peoples Centre" to trace your Scottish ancestry.
The items in 1(a) (f) above, together are the Prize ("Prize").
2. The Winner is responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the New Zealand and all international airports.
3. Some parts of the Prize may be substituted for an
experience of similar value due to operational or availablilty
4. All parts of the Prize are subject to availability at the time of confirmation of booking. Visit Scotland and Visit Britain hold no responsibility for any parts of the Prize not being available.
5. All components of the Prize must be used by 30 November
6. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must be available to speak to Good Morning after the trip to Scotland either live on air, by Skype or by telephone.
7. The Winner will be selected by a random draw. The selection of the Winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on 11 August 2011. Each Competition entrant ("Competitor") must provide their name, address (for the delivery of the Prize or relevant documentation), phone number and email address.
9. Television New Zealand Limited ("TVNZ") accepts no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, delayed or incomplete.
10. Neither TVNZ nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Competition or with the Prize or any part of it.
11. The Winner will have their Prize or the relevant documentation, delivered to the address listed on their entry. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of the Prize or the relevant documentation, although all care will be taken.
12. The Prize does not include the cost of medical expenses, spending money, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport taxes, surcharges, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades other than as outlined in clause 1. The Prize is subject to availability, is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. All components of the Prize must be taken together.
13. The provision of air travel tickets is subject to the
(a.) The issuance of tickets is subject to seat availability;
(b.) An excess baggage waiver will not be granted; and
(c.) Airline upgrades to Business Class are not permitted unless the Winner wishes to do so at their own expense.
14. The Winner and their travelling companion are expected to observe the following conditions as part of the utilisation of travel:
(a) Be neatly and appropriately attired when
(b) Not carry on their person, in their luggage or carry-on baggage, any contraband or goods which are prohibited by the laws of Scotland or goods which are unsuitable for carriage on a commercial aircraft;
(c) Observe all directions of Emirates ground staff and air crew at all times;
d) Comply with the requirements of immigration and customs authorities in each country; and
(e) Comply with the laws of the jurisdiction they are visiting.
15. Frequent Flyer mileage cannot be accrued as part of this Prize.
16. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion to ensure that their passports are in order and that they have the necessary visa clearances to enter the country of destination and, if required, any transit point.
17. Tickets are not transferable and must be issued only in the correct name of the person travelling.
18. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover any incidentals which may be incurred.
19. Competitors acknowledge that the Prize is provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide all or any part of the Prize. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of the Prize.
20. Any word that is singular may also include the plural.
21. Any details submitted by a Competitor to enter the Competition including, without limitation, biographical details, names, photographs and audiovisual recordings of a Competitor may be used for publicity purposes in all media by TVNZ and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose.
22. By entering this Competition you agree to the TVNZ standard terms and conditions on the TVNZ website at http://tvnz.co.nz/community/television-new-zealand-limited-competition-terms-and-conditions-1805383 as well as those specific to this Competition.