Vanessa Opera's Individual Freeform 'Very Berry' Tartlets
Vanessa Opera's Individual Freeform "Very Berry" Tartlets
For more visit Food Opera
8 tbsp frozen berries
8 tsp sugar (white or raw)
1 block of sweet short pastry - divided into 4 portions.
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Cut pastry into 4 portions.
3. Roll out the pastry into a freeform circular shape.
4. Place on a baking paper, on a baking tray.
3. Spoon on 2 tbsp of berries per tartlet.
4. Sprinkle with sugar. (Optional)
5. Fold pastry edges over and seal by pressing the folds together with your fingers.
6. Bake tartlets for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve each tartlet with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, cream, custard or yoghurt.
It's delicious hot or cold!