Tomato, Capers, Red Onion & Anchovy Filo Tart by Ganesh Raj
Tomato, capers, red onion, and anchovy filo tart
Ganesh Raj – www.thetastingshed.co.nz
2 tblspn Olive Oil
1 big red onion - sliced
3 Garlic cloves - crushed
2 tblspn Lemon juice
2 tomatoes chopped
1 tblspn chopped capers
50g Anchovy Filets - chopped Ground Black Pepper 1 tblspn grated parmesan cheese
2 sheets filo sheet (approx 40cm x 30cm)
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Fry onions, garlic and tomatoes till soft.
- Use fork to poke holes in pastry sheets. Brush each sheet with melted butter and layer them up on top of the other. Place sheets on a baking tray.
- Spread the mix onto filo.
- Arrange capers, anchovies and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Heat in oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Before serving sprinkle more parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. A final squeeze of lemon juice before serving.