Tamara Jane's Recipe - Orange and Almond Gluten-Free Cupcakes - 29 May
Orange and Almond Gluten-Free Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
125g Butter or margarine
1 orange, rind and juice
1/2 cup castor sugar
125g almond meal
1 cup gluten free flour
Approx 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Place the butter or margarine, sugar and orange rind in to a bowl. Beat until the mixture in light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until combined.
- Stir in the almond meal, then the flour and milk (put the reserved orange juice into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1/2 cup).
- Beat until a smooth mixture in formed.
- Divide the mix between the 12 lined cupcake holes.
- Bake at 180degC until lightly golden and springy to touch.
- Allow to cool and ice with orange frosting.
By using a non dairy spread and soy milk these cakes become dairy free as well.