Sambal & Pickled Chilli by Ganesh Raj
SAMBAL & PICKLED CHILLI
GANESH RAJ www.thetastingshed.co.nz
Showcasing some great accompaniments to have with dishes this summer.
Accompaniment One - SAMBAL
(Asian hot relish made with vegetables and spices)
This is a sauce that is great for anything that comes off the BBQ.
1 cup dried chillies
2 large onions peeled and chopped
2 Tbl Tamarind juice
1 thumb of Ginger
4 cloves of Garlic
Salt and Sugar to taste
- Blitz onions, garlic, ginger and chilli
- Fry the mix in the oil till dry
- Add the tamarind and salt and sugar to taste
- Once fully cooked - pour into a bowl and allow to cool
Accompaniment Two - PICKLED CHILLI
This is amazing with cold noodles which work beautifully with BBQ’d food.
10 Chilies, sliced
1 cup vinegar
Salt to taste
- Mix the vinegar, salt and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let cool
- Pour the cooled mix into a jar and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to use it