No Fuss Fitness and Health Part 4
With Lee-Anne Wann
No Fuss Tips This Week
Again one of the most important foundations to fix before you go and do anything else. If your posture is off or poor then whenever you do anything including exercise you will move in this less than optimal state causing increased stress, increased risk of injury and minimise any positive results
Pg 22 - Lee-Anne's Tip: A great way to help improve posture is to focus a little more on flexibility as it can help muscles remain at their proper length and not pull you into an inappropriate position
TOP TOP: STRETCH AT NIGHT AFTER A WARM BATH OR A SHOWER AS MUSCLES CAN THEN HEAL AND REPAIR IN THEIR NEW LENGTHEND STATE!
Get toned, sculpted arms in as little as 2 weeks.
Pg 31 - Lee-Anne's Tip: Work the front of the arms and back of the arms in the same workout or in the same set of movements. An example is tricep dips on the couch followed by Bicep curls with drink bottles
- Arm Challenge - perform 1 set of 15 each every day for 14 days
- Focus on form and go slowly and controlled
- Need help with exercise technique - go to Lee-Anne's website and check under media exercise gallery
Focus on the can-do
Stress wreaks havoc on the body and every little thing we can do to reduce it including food choices will go a long way in our desire for optimal health, great bodies and sharp, focused minds.
Lee-Anne's Tip: When feeling stressed which honestly could be daily - try to increase foods rich in magnesium as this is a mineral that can be leached from the body during these times. This can lead to lowered energy levels, sleeplessness, headaches, muscle aches, tension, soreness, poor memory
- Dried apricots to your snack after exercise
- Spinach to your morning omelette
- Mix Pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a wee bag for a morning snack
- Add celery, beans, broccoli to your evening stir fry
See Lee-Anne Wann Real Life Fitness on Face Book for more tips and tricks
You can download Lee-Anne's Chia Seeds Factsheet here.
(Broadcast 2 July 2012)