Makeover Magic - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. The first winning man ("Winner 1") of the "Good Morning" Makeover Magic: Man Edition ("Competition") will win a $5,000 wardrobe from Working Style ("Prize 1"). The second winning man ("Winner 2") will win a $5000 makeover package from Farmers ("Prize 2"), ( Prize 1 and Prize 2 are together the "Prizes"). Winner 1 and Winner 2 ( together the "Winning Men") will also receive a hair and facial makeover package.
2. The closing date for entries is 12 noon, Tuesday 7 September 2010.
3. Each nominator ("Nominator") and the man they nominate ("Man"), (the Nominator and the Man are together the "Competitor"), must provide their names, address (for the delivery of any Prize), contact phone numbers, email addresses, completed entry form and a 90-second entry DVD ("Entry DVD").
4. Each Nominator must have the Man's permission to enter that Man in the Competition.
5. Each Competitor must make a 90-second Entry DVD where together they give a brief personal introduction and explain why the Man deserves to win the makeover. Television New Zealand ("TVNZ") will own this footage, and all other material supplied by each Competitor. The Entry DVD must be made specifically for this Competition.
6. Each Man agrees not to alter his appearance between the submission of their entry and 12 noon, Friday 10 September 2010. Each Winning Man agrees not to alter his appearance between the submission date of his entry and Saturday 18 September 2010 other than as instructed by TVNZ.
7. Each Winning Man and their Nominator agrees that they will, if requested by TVNZ, make themselves exclusively available for any publicity and promotion at venues, dates and times designated by TVNZ.
8. Each Winning Man and their Nominator must be available together for a field shoot between Wednesday 8 September and Sunday 12 September 2010, at the home of the Winning Man or other such place where the Winning Man's wardrobe is located.
9. If the Nominator does not live in the same place or town as their Winning Man, then the Nominator must make their own way and at their own cost to their Winning Man's house for the field shoot.
10. Each Winning Man and their Nominator authorise TVNZ to film them in the Winning Man's home or where his wardrobe is located and in any areas of the home TVNZ deems suitable for the Competition.
11. The Winning Men will be selected by Good Morning at its compete discretion. TVNZ reserves the right not to select any Winning Men if there are insufficient entries or if the quality of the entries is poor.
12. The Winning Men and their Nominators agree to keep all details they acquire during this Competition private and confidential until such time as Good Morning advises that they may disclose any such details.
13. Good Morning at its complete discretion will determine which Winning Man will receive Prize 1 and which will receive Prize 2.
14. Each Winning Man and his Nominator agree to supply Good Morning with five photos of the Winning Man's worst garments.
15. If you are selected as a Winning Man, you and your Nominator must be reachable by landline telephone from 9am until noon from Monday, 13 September until Wednesday 15 September inclusive, in order to join Good Morning via telephone interview.
16. If requested by TVNZ, each Winning Man and his Nominator agree to make all appearances required by TVNZ at the Avalon Studios in Lower Hutt, Wellington including, without limitation, on Friday, 17 September 2010.
17. The Winning Men agree to make themselves available for fitting or any other necessary pre-treatment that the Competition sponsors require in Wellington on Thursday, 16 September 2010.
18. The Winning Men must not resist any changes that will be made to their appearance live on Good Morning on Friday, 17 September 2010 or in any required pre-treatment in the lead up to the show. All styling, wardrobe and enhancement treatments will be decided by Good Morning, its stylists, and the Competition sponsors. The Winning Men agree to whatever personal changes TVNZ deems appropriate for the Competition.
19. The Winning Men and their Nominators must be able to travel courtesy of Good Morning on the morning of Thursday 16 September. Accommodation in Wellington will be provided by the Bolton Hotel on the evening of 16 September 2010 in a double or twin room.
20. The Winning Men and their Nominators are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the airports closest to their home town or city.
21. The Prizes do not include the cost of medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport taxes, baggage duties, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades. The Prizes are subject to availability, are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
22. It is a condition of the Competition that the Winning Men and their Nominators may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover any incidentals which may be incurred.
23. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, delayed, incomplete or unable to be viewed.
24. Neither TVNZ nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Competition or with any Prize or any part of it.
25. Each Competitor agrees that TVNZ may run any background checks it deems necessary in relation to the Competition.
26. A Competitor may not submit more than one entry in the Competition.
27. Each Competitor warrants that any Entry DVD submitted by them is their own creation or fully cleared by the Competitor for entry in the Competition and that such Entry DVD will not violate or infringe upon any rights of any nature whatsoever of any person, firm or corporation other than in the case of any music used in the Entry DVD.
28. Any Entry DVD entered in the Competition becomes the property of TVNZ. TVNZ is entitled absolutely and in perpetuity to all copyright, proprietary and subsidiary rights in any Entry DVD. The Competitor, either as the creator or as the duly authorised agent of the creator(s) of the Entry DVD, waives in perpetuity all moral rights in any such Entry DVD.
29. Prizes, the relevant documentation or sponsor contact details will be delivered to the address listed on the Winning Men's entry forms. The Winning Men should allow up to 21 days for delivery of the Prizes. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of the Prizes, although all care will be taken.
30. Competitors acknowledge that the Prizes are provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide any of the Prizes. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of any of the Prizes.
31. Any word that is singular may also include the plural.
32. By entering this Competition you agree to the TVNZ standard terms and conditions on the TVNZ website as well as those specific to this Competition.