Lasagne salad with buffalo Mozzarella, Ox heart tomatoes & basil dressing
350gm premium beef mince
Olive oil for cooking
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
½tsp chopped thyme
2 can chopped tomatoes
200gm pasta dough
1 ball mozzarella (sliced)
3 Ox heart tomatoes (sliced)
1 cup basil (roughly chopped)
4Tb avocado oil
1Tb lemon zest
1 /2 emon juiced
Salt and pepper
1 pkt baby basil
2TB grated Parmesan
1. Brown mince in a little oil in a wide heavy based frying pan, transfer to plate and set aside.
2. Soften onions and garlic in a dash of oil on the same pan for 5 minutes.
3. Add thyme, tomatoes, honey and mince back in and cook for 20 minutes
4. Cut and roll dough into 10 cm rounds, spoon two TB Bolognese sauce onto one round, brush edges w water, then place another round on top and press down.
5. Fill a large saucepan with water and lightly salt. Bring to the boil and, in batches, blanch ravioli in boiling water for 8 minutes and then plunge into iced water.
6. Combine the chopped basil, avocado oil, lemon zest, honey, lemon juice and seasoning.
1. Place ravioli in a fry pan with of oil and pan-fry until golden brown
2. Plating on to a platter, start by adding ravioli, followed by tomato then mozzarella and micro basil. Repeat once again.
3. Finish with the basil dressing, micro basil and grated Parmesan.