Kate Hillier's plants - 23 February
New release plants Week 9
Trents Nursery Ltd, 03 3491303
Gazania 'Versuvius' Gazania 'Versuvius' Nuflora
- Large vibrant flowers
- Bred to perform & bloom in dry hot conditions
- Great foliage flower contrast
- Grown in a 2.5L black pot with colour label; in bud with some flower, plant filling diameter of the pot and approx 20cm high
Crazy Daisies (Argyranthemum grutescens, Federation Daisy 'Crazy Pink' 'Crazy White' 'Crazy Yellow' )
- Consistent double flowers
- Pure colours
- Flowers hug top of the foliage, don't overgrow and droop
- Black plastic 2.5L pot, in bud/flower with all pots showing some colour
- Always dispatched as a range with plants sitting approx 30cm above pot.
Growing Spectrum, 07 8716166
Coprosma 'Golden Glow'
- Brilliant foliage colour
- Hardy evergreen shrub
- Supplied in 2L burgundy pot with colour label, approx 15 cm tall.
- No flowering.
Hebe 'Turkish Delight'
- Darkest foliage hebe Bred
- NZ bred - released 2005
- Hardy evergreen shrub
- Dispatched in green 2.5L pot with colour label.
- Approx 20cm tall.
- No flowers.
- Deep burgundy foliage
Pittosporum Humpty Dumpty'
- Native Gem
- Compact dwarf growth habit
- Lime green foliage spring summer
- Excellent for clipping to mound or hedge
- 2.5L hard pot with colour label, trimmed to tight ball shape
Plant Struck, 07 5524962
Cordyline hybrid, Cordyline Red Fountain
- Anthony Tesselaar Plants
- NZ bred
- Low multi branching form
- Low maintenace, easy care
- 17cm, 2.5L and 3.3L gold pots.
- Plants multistemmed, min 30 cm tall 40cm wide. Foliage only, no flowers.
- Taglock label on mini proclip stake
Waimea Nurseries, 03 5442700
Malus domestica Apple Blush Babe TM
- Dwarf mop head habit so is ideal for growing in contaniers
- Excellent flavoured red fruit, great eaten off tree
- Good disease resistance so low maintenance
- Grafted on 60cm and 90cm standards in 6L pots
InPlants, 09 236 3260
Plant Name Heuchera Georgia Peach
- Shade areas in your garden need not be dull.
- New release Heucheras come in all colours of the rainbow.
- The latest is called Heuchera Georgia Peach with stunning coral veined leaves and great humidity tolerance.
- The secret to a stunning shade garden is in how you combine colours.
- Use the showy foliage of Georgia Peach to either complement other plants or to create a strong contrast effect with other colourful heucheras available from Garden Centres.
- Heuchera Georgia Peach will be seen on mass at the Flower Show and will be available for sale with a selection of other complementary Heucheras