Jenn and Elizabeth's Coriander Sesame Noodles
Coriander Sesame Noodles
Recipe by Elizabeth Marshall
For more visit their Facebook Page .
Watch Jenn and Elizabeth make this salad on Good Morning here.
4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
250g Egg noodles
1 Red capsicum
3 Spring onions
1 Handful of mung beans
1 Bunch fresh coriander
1 Red chilli
1/3 cup Canola oil
3 T Sesame oil
3T Sesame seeds
3 T Ground coriander seeds
1/3 cup Low sodium soy sauce
1 t Chilli oil
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, add 3 Spring onions cut into 3cm lengths then into julienne strips, handful of mung beans, and handful of coriander leaves.
3. Finely chop coriander stems setting aside. Cut 1 carrot into julienne strips and finely slice 1 capsicum and set aside separately.
4. In a fry pan on med heat, add some peanut oil. When hot add seasoned chicken and cook until done.
5. Meanwhile heat 1/3 cup Canola oil and 3T Sesame oil in a wok or fry pan on medium heat.
6. Once the oil is hot, add the 3T of sesame seeds.
7. As soon as seeds start to turn golden, add 3T ground coriander, 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce, 1t Chilli oil and finely chopped stems of coriander. Stir until combined.
8. Add 1 carrot in julienne strips to sauce, and then add thinly slice red capsicum. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning is needed.
9. Remove from heat and pour over noodles, add mung beans and coriander leaves then toss. Add a squeeze of lemon to taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
10. Slice chicken placing on top of noodles and garnishing with green onions, sliced chillis coriander, and toasted sesame seeds.
Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!