Heather's Garden - Spring Treasures - 21 Sept
Heather's Gardening - Spring Treasures
While there's work to be done at this time of the year, it's always fun to create a bit a new space in the garden to accommodate something interesting and new:
- Brunnera 'Looking Glass'
- Euphorbia 'Kakapo', 'Tui'. E. charachias 'Variegata'
- Primula denticulata
- Primula 'Lace Group'
- Leucanthemum hosmariense
- Tiarella 'Iron Butterfly'
- Boronia megastigma 'Lutea'
- Azalea 'Palestrina', 'Kirin', 'Happy Days', 'Fiery Boy'
- Rhododendron 'High Society', 'Mi Amor'
- Metrosideros carminea 'Red Carpet'
- Clematis x cartmanii 'Sweetheart'
- C. hybrids (selection)
- Caldcluvia rosifolia
- Salix repens argentea 'Moondance'
- Foliar feed plants where soil is still quite wet
- Enjoy flowering daffs and tulips now!
- Slug bait around emerging hostas and other tender perennials and seedlings.
- Mow the lawn weekly unless it is still frosty or wet
- Spray fruit trees against brown rot and black spot