Ganesh Raj's Miso Glaze Tuna with 'Popeye' Salad
GANESH RAJ – www.thetastingshed.co.nz
MISO GLAZE TUNA WITH ‘POPEYE’ SALAD
Ingredients4 x 120g Tuna Steaks
4 Tbs miso paste
4 Tbs Rice wine vinegar
2 Tbs Soy sauce
1 Tbs Honey
1 Tbs Hot Sauce
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- Mix all the ingredients above into a bowl. Make sure to combine everything properly. Leave it in the fridge for an hour after that as it combines the ingredients and creates greater flavour.
- Put the tuna steaks into a bowl and pour 3/4 of the glaze over the tuna. Combine well with your hands. Of course always wash your hands first. Place the steaks into the fridge and leave to marinade for an hour.
"Popeye” Sesame Salad This is called “Popeye” cause I love spinach and I feel strong when I eat a meal with it in it!
4 Tbs Sesame seeds
4 Tbs Soy sauce
1 Tbs Honey
2 Tbs Sake
2 Tbs Rice wine vinegar
- Toast the sesame seeds until fragrant.
- Put toasted sesame seeds in a motor and pestle and smash it till it is a powder.
- The put in the soy, honey, sake and rice wine vinegar and combine into a smooth paste.
- Take the spinach and blanch for 1 min.
- Pull it out straight away and wash the spinach under ice water to stop it from continuing to cook.
- Once cool, squeeze the spinach till all the water is out. Keep squeezing even if you think there is not more water. Spinach smuggles water and the last thing you want is a watery salad.
- Then chop the spinach up and combine it with the sesame concoction.
Place the salad tall in a bowl. Then slice the tuna into 1 cm steaks. Fan the tuna over the top of the salad and dust with sesame. Oh and do not forget to get that glaze you put aside onto the tuna before you serve. Your guests will love you for it.