Fish with Pearl Barley by Ganesh Raj
GANESH RAJ – FISH WITH PEARL BARLEY
120g firm fish. Skin on if possible. This is one portion
1 cup pearl barley
1 tomato diced
1 cup kale
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
- Pearl Barley. Bring the barley and stock to the boil. Reduce and simmer until tender. I season with salt and pepper to taste. Takes about 30-40 mins.
- Tomato. Chop the garlic and fry and in half butter half olive oil. Make sure not to burn the garlic. Then add tomatoes and cook for only a min. Do not let the tomatoes break up. Season to taste and set aside.
- Kale. Chop the Kale up and fry in butter with salt and pepper. Try to get it as crispy as possible,
- Heat a pan till hot. Pour 2 tbl of high heat point oil like Rice Bran
- Place the fish down in the hot pan skin side down. Cook for 2 mins.
- Turn over and cook for two mins. At this point put some butter into the pan and baste the fish with the butter. Squeeze some lemon on top of the fish and remove.