Find a Star - Terms and Conditions of Voting
Terms and conditions of voting
- Any SMS text messages sent to 8981 will be so at the cost
of the participant and will cost $0.99 including GST each.
- To Vote text the letter that corresponds with your favourite entrant to 8981.
- Voting is open to all residents of New Zealand.
- SMS voting is open to Telecom New Zealand 027, Vodafone/Telstra Clear 021 and 029, Black & White, 2 degrees, Compass and Orcon 028 customers. Viewers voting whilst on roaming are not eligible to enter.
- TVNZ reserves the right to provide information about your participation to either Vodafone or Telecom New Zealand.
- You must be the owner of the mobile phone to vote via Text Messaging or get the permission of the person responsible for paying the phone bill before voting.
- TVNZ reserves the right to update the terms and conditions on tvnz.co.nz without notice.
- TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information you provide. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- All votes are deemed to be received at the time of
receipt into the Find A Star database, NOT at the time of
transmission by the voter.
- For each text message entry a reply text message will be sent back to your mobile phone to let you know your entry has been received.
- Response times for these reply text messages may vary and are subject to network coverage and availability, entry volumes, the memory capacity of the SIM card inside your mobile phone and/or any technical problems.
- No responsibility is accepted for non-receipt for any reason of a text message. No refunds will be given on calls/messages charged for but not received in time to be counted in the voting round.
- The eventual delivery of SMS messages to the Find A Star is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, TVNZ will not be liable for non-receipt of or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the participant's mobile providers. Should there be a dispute, TVNZ shall endeavour to make the necessary investigations to the best of its abilities and attempt to rectify the discrepancy, but should such investigations prove to be inconclusive, no further action can be taken against TVNZ or the mobile operators by competition participants.
- Votes will be monitored for irregularities. TVNZ reserves the right to adjust final votes should any voting irregularities be identified.
- In order for TVNZ to ensure viewers are receiving
relevant benefits and a quality service, participants may be
contacted on their mobile number by TVNZ representatives and asked
to participate in brief surveys on the promotion. Participation in
surveys is strictly on a voluntary basis and at no cost to the
participant. Participants can only be selected once, at random and
will not be contacted more than once.
Complaints and queries
- Any complaints should be addressed in writing to TVNZ
Licensing, PO Box 3819, Auckland.
- Any queries relating to the competition should call TVNZ (09) 916 7000 in the first instance providing their name and contact phone number.