Fifi's Craft - Handmade Books - 3 June
Here's a simple way to make a little book. You can use it to write stories in, scrap book with or just for collecting stickers.
You will need:
- A5 paper (that's half a standard sheet of paper). Look for nice colours or use recycled brown paper.
- A hole punch (you can also use a skewer or craft knife to make the holes)
- A rubber band
- A short stick around 12cm long- use an ice block stick, driftwood twig or a piece of thin bamboo.
- Optional: Glue stick and coloured paper for decorating the
cover- or you could paint your own picture for it.
- Stack three sheets of paper on top of each other and fold them in half to make a six sheet book.
- Punch a hole 4cm down and 1cm in from the top edge and do the same for the bottom edge.
- Thread a rubber band through the holes from the back of the book so that the two loops stick out on the front.
- Thread your stick through the loops to hold the spine together and your book is almost done.
- Decorate the cover with a picture, scraps of paper or even dried leaves.