Fact Sheet: Wendyl Nissen - 10 Great Uses for White Vinegar
10 Great Uses for White Vinegar
1. To make glass cleaner, mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water. This works really well, and make sure you rub off with newspaper.
2. Put 1/2 cup of vinegar with 1/2 cup baking soda into your toilet to clean. It will fizz, then brush and flush.
3. Perk up leafy vegetables by soaking in water to which you have added a dash of vinegar.
4. Spray neat onto slimy tiles and grouting and shower doors. Leave for half an hour and then wipe off.
5. To clean up urine, use neat white vinegar, then dab on baking soda, leave to dry and vacuum off. There will be no lingering odour, even with pet urine.
6. Throw a cup into the rinse cycle of your washing machine to rinse away soap residue, soften clothes, brighten colours and inhibit mildew.
7. Soak your dishcloths in the sink with a little hot water and a dash of vinegar to perk them up and get rid of any lingering germs and smells.
8. Spray neat white vinegar onto weeds in your driveway to kill them.
9. Add 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp of sugar to the vase of cut flowers to help them last longer.
10. Make your own scouring cleanser by combining 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Add just enough vinegar to give it a thick and creamy texture.