Cook-off Competition Grand Final - Friday 26 March
Congratulations to the winner of the Good Morning Cook-Off, Rachael Tawa of Wellington!
Rachael, with help from her cooking partner Hadyn, impressed judges and viewers alike with her recipes and skills in the kitchen.
Congratulations also to our two other finalists, Soraya Sabetian Kan and Tracy Lawless, both of Auckland. They put in a stellar effort in the kitchen.
As the Cook-Off winner, Rachael wins:
A $5,000 voucher from Kitchen Studio to put towards a new kitchen from New Zealands kitchen specialists.
Kitchen Studio is New Zealand's largest kitchen renovation specialists. They have been in business for over 25 years and their kitchens are enjoyed by over 100,000 Kiwis.
Many clients are overwhelmed by the decisions that need to be made when planning a new kitchen. Kitchen Studio makes the process easy, working alongside you to deliver a customised kitchen that fits your lifestyle and budget.
Kitchen Studio also offers complete peace of mind with a comprehensive guarantee packages including protection of your deposit and 10 years quality assurance on the kitchen itself.
Kitchen Studio has 18 showrooms throughout the country and has
designers waiting to help you design your dream kitchen.
A Fisher & Paykel free-standing cooker which will give the flexibility to prepare several courses at once with a multifunction oven, combined with a four-burner gas hob. With seven cooking functions, this oven has been designed to bring years of culinary enjoyment.
No kitchen would be complete without a professional set of chef's cooking equipment! So there is a $2,500 voucher to spend at the House of Knives . From cutlery and cookware, to scissors and kitchen utensils, the House of Knives is your one-stop shop!
Kitchen Aid appliances will add a touch of retro cool to a kitchen! Featuring a five-speed blender in a colour of your choice, an intelligent toaster that cooks your toast just the way you like it and a stylish stand mixer. That's $2,500 worth of appliances.
A stunning Cashmere dinner set from Kirkcaldie and Stains worth $135.
The Roma glassware collection from Stevens homeware. These glasses have a flawless finish and excellent clarity.
A seven-course dinner for two at Zibibbo - Michelin-star chef Adam Newell's restaurant - relax in the cocktail bar before enjoying the glorious Mediterranean-style dining experience. This degustation dinner matched with champagnes and wines is worth $500.
Our grand cook-off champion and runners-up will receive a copy of Dine In by Adam Newell and a 15-book package of Simon and Alison Holst's recipe books.
All our finalists will stay in style at Wellington's prestigious Bolton Hotel , featuring fine dining, beautifully furnished rooms and swimming and gym complex!
Cook Off Competition Terms and Conditions of Voting
- Any SMS text messages sent to 8687 will be so at the cost of
the participant and will cost $0.99 including GST each.
- To Vote text the letter that corresponds with your favourite entrant to 8687.
- Voting is open to all residents of New Zealand.
- SMS voting is open to Telecom New Zealand 027, Vodafone/Telstra Clear 021 and 029, Black & White, Compass, 2 degrees and Orcon 028 customers. Viewers voting whilst on roaming are not eligible to enter.
- TVNZ reserves the right to provide information about your participation to either Vodafone or Telecom New Zealand.
- You must be the owner of the mobile phone to vote via Text Messaging or get the permission of the person responsible for paying the phone bill before voting.
- TVNZ reserves the right to update the terms and conditions on tvnz.co.nz without notice.
- TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information you provide. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- In the event that a semi-finalist cannot be reached, a reserve semi-finalist will be selected.
- This contestant will become contestant "D" for the day of the show. All letters will be open and valid throughout the course of the contest. Any votes for a contestant ( A, B or C) not competing (that is, where the reserve contestant is utilized) will become void, and will not be allocated to any other contestant.
- All votes are deemed to be received at the time of receipt
into the Good Morning Cook Off competition database, NOT at the
time of transmission by the voter.
- For each text message entry a reply text message will be sent back to your mobile phone to let you know your entry has been received.
- Response times for these reply text messages may vary and are subject to network coverage and availability, entry volumes, the memory capacity of the SIM card inside your mobile phone and/or any technical problems.
- No responsibility is accepted for non-receipt for any reason of a text message. No refunds will be given on calls/messages charged for but not received in time to be counted in the voting round.
- The eventual delivery of SMS messages to the Good Morning Cook Off competition database is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, TVNZ will not be liable for non-receipt of or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the participant's mobile providers. Should there be a dispute, TVNZ shall endeavour to make the necessary investigations to the best of its abilities and attempt to rectify the discrepancy, but should such investigations prove to be inconclusive, no further action can be taken against TVNZ or the mobile operators by competition participants.
- Votes will be monitored for irregularities. TVNZ reserves the right to adjust final votes should any voting irregularities be identified
- In order for TVNZ to ensure viewers are receiving relevant benefits and a quality service, participants may be contacted on their mobile number by TVNZ representatives and asked to participate in brief surveys on the promotion. Participation in surveys is strictly on a voluntary basis and at no cost to the participant. Participants can only be selected once, at random and will not be contacted more than once.
Complaints & Queries
- Any complaints should be addressed in writing to TVNZ
Licensing, PO Box 3819, Auckland.
- Any queries relating to the competition should call TVNZ (09) 916 7000 in the first instance providing their name and contact phone number.