Contestant information: Find A Star Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Subject to the clauses in these terms and conditions, the overall winner of the Good Morning FIND A STAR competition (Winner) (Competition) will win a Playstation 3 console; SingStar Wireless Mics; and seven SingStar games; a career design package from Gray Bartlett and the New Zealand Entertainment Academy Ltd (NZEA Ltd) (Career Design Package); and Mike McCarthy of Manuka Studios will arrange and record one song to release-quality standards; a Gray Bartlett limited edition electric guitar; a Belkin tune studio for iPod; a Tascam vocal and instrument trainer; a $1,500 shopping spree at Westfield; and a full teeth whitening procedure at the Gentle Dentist in Ellerslie Auckland (Prize).
2. If your entry is one of the first 30 received, as determined by Good Morning, you will receive a SingStar game.
3. A prize comprised of SingStar Wireless mics and 4x PS3 SingStar games will be awarded to the first and second runners-up and a prize comprised of SingStar Wireless mics and 4x PS2 SingStar games will be awarded to the third and fourth runners-up (all runners-up are the Runners-Up, all Runners-Up prizes are the Runners-Up Prizes).
4. The Career Design Package will include but is not limited to publicity, career advice and assistance with finding professional opportunities and exposure in the industry, including assistance with seeking a recording contract. No guarantee is expressed or implied that professional opportunities or a recording deal will be secured. Final decisions on any matter associated with the Career Design Package are with NZEA Ltd and Gray Bartlett.
5. The Winner must enter into the Career Development Consultancy Agreement with Gray Bartlett and the NZEA Ltd (Consultancy Agreement). The Consultancy Agreement is available to view on the Good Morning website .
6. The Winner must be prepared to travel to Auckland to work with Gray Bartlett three times at their own expense. On one of the three occasions, the Winner will need to stay overnight for one night in Auckland. The cost of the nights accommodation and other associated costs must be met by the Winner.
7. The Career Design Package does not cover costs associated with professional photography for publicity purposes. This cost must be met by the Winner. There is no obligation for the Winner to purchase a professional photography shoot.
8. The Prize includes the making of the backing track with
Manuka Studios, the vocal recording session, editing, mixing and
mastering to CD. The Prize is not available to:
(a) bands (solo or duo artists only); or
(b) private musicians (only the existing team at Manuka Studios is to be used in the production).
9. The Winner must meet the costs of travelling to Auckland for the purposes of working with Mike McCarthy and the purposes of redeeming the teeth whitening prize.
10. The Winner must be assessed by a dentist to determine if they are a suitable candidate for teeth whitening. The teeth whitening visit is transferable, you must be over 18 to redeem the teeth whitening, a perfect result cannot be guaranteed. In order to maximise the result, a professional cleaning may be required beforehand. There will be a fee for this service. Any existing fillings, porcelain crowns or porcelain veneers will not whiten during the teeth whitening process.
11. The closing date for entries is noon on Monday 14 June 2010. Each Competition entrant (Competitor) must complete the entry form including, without limitation, providing their name, address (for the delivery of any prize), phone numbers, email and the details of any music, including the name of the song and the artist, used in any DVD entered in the Competition (Entry DVD). Each Competitor must provide a recent photo with their entry.
12. The Entry DVD footage must have been made specifically for this Competition. The Entry DVD must not exceed 90 seconds.
13. Thirty preliminary finalists will be selected by TVNZ and their Entry DVD will be played on Good Morning.
14. Each Competitor agrees that they will, if requested by TVNZ, make themselves exclusively available for any publicity and promotion at venues, dates and times designated by TVNZ.
15. If requested by TVNZ, each Competitor who becomes a semi-finalist (Semi-Finalist) and a finalist (Finalist) agrees to travel to Wellington and make all appearances required by TVNZ at the Avalon Studios in Lower Hutt, Wellington including, without limitation, on 29 June, 30 June 2010, 1 July, 2 July and 9 July 2010. Semi-Finalists and Finalists must be able to travel to Wellington, on June 29 and 30, and July 1, 8 and 9 if required. Accommodation in Wellington will be provided by the Museum Hotel.
16. The 15 Semi-Finalists will be selected by audience voting. The 5 Finalists will be selected by a combination of judges scores and audience voting. The Winner and Runners-Up (together the Winners) will be selected on 9 July 2010 by a judging panel and audience voting. For the purposes of voting, see the Find a Star voting terms and conditions on the Good Morning website. TVNZ reserves the right not to select any Semi-Finalists or Winners if there are insufficient entries or if the quality of the entries is poor. TVNZ reserves the right to select a "Judge's Wild Card finalist" ("Wild Card Finalist") for the final, making a total of 6 Finalists. The Wild Card Finalist will be selected by the semi-finalist judging panel and will compete as a Finalist in the final on 9 July 2010.
17. The Prize and the Runners-Up Prizes (together the Prizes) do not include the cost of medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport taxes, baggage duties, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades. The Prizes are subject to availability, are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
18. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unable to be viewed.
19. A Competitor may not submit more than one entry in the Competition.
20. There is no age limit for any Competitor. If any Competitor is under 18 years, they must include with their entry form a consent letter to enter the Competition from a parent or guardian.
21. Each Competitor will notify the producer of Good Morning (GM Producer) at the time they enter this Competition if they have ever been convicted of any crime. In the event any criminal charges are brought against a Competitor during the Competition, the Competitor will notify the GM Producer immediately. If required by the GM Producer, each Competitor agrees to complete and sign an application form for the Ministry of Justice to supply the GM Producer with any personal information about that Competitor stored by the Police. Each Competitor authorises the GM Producer to investigate, access and collect information about that Competitor relevant to this Competition.
22. Each Competitor warrants that any Entry DVD submitted by them is their own creation or fully cleared by the Competitor for entry in the Competition and that such Entry DVD will not violate or infringe upon any rights of any nature whatsoever of any person, firm or corporation other than in the case of any music used in the Entry DVD.
23. Any Entry DVD entered in the Competition becomes the property of TVNZ. TVNZ is entitled absolutely and in perpetuity to all copyright, proprietary and subsidiary rights in any Entry DVD. The Competitor, either as the creator or as the duly authorised agent of the creator(s) of the Entry DVD, waives in perpetuity all moral rights in any such Entry DVD. TVNZ is entitled to use any Entry DVD as it sees fit in its complete discretion including without limitation editing, amending or adapting any Entry DVD. Each Competitor acknowledges that they have no claim against the GM Producer or TVNZ in relation to how the Entry DVD or that Competitors appearance on Good Morning is dealt with in any media.
24. Each Competitor agrees that TVNZ may use their name, likeness and voice and any biographical details (which includes, without limitation, any personal information as defined in the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise (Personal Information), photographs and recordings separately from or in conjunction with Good Morning or the sponsorship thereof in all media and formats throughout the Universe including, without limitation, on TVNZ related websites or other online media and in advertising, publicity, sponsorship and exploitation material. TVNZ is authorised to transfer the Personal Information to related body corporates and third parties associated with Good Morning or the Competition and to use the Personal Information in accordance with this clause.
25. Each Competitor acknowledges that TVNZs and the GM Producers effort and expense in running the Competition is sufficient consideration for using and exploiting any material obtained from each Competitor.
26. Prizes, the relevant documentation or contact details, will be delivered to the address listed on the Winners entry forms. Winners should allow up to 21 days for delivery of the Prizes. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of the Prizes, although all care will be taken.
27. Competitors acknowledge that the Prizes are provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide any of the Prizes. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of any of the Prizes.
28. Singers must perform either acapella or with a backing track accompaniment.
29. By entering this Competition you agree to the TVNZ standard terms and conditions on the TVNZ website, as well as those specific to this Competition.