Chicken Broth Bowl by Neena & Belinda
Neena & Belinda's Chicken Broth Bowl
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or bone broth dripping
- 1 large onion diced (or leek)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced or crushed
- 3 large carrots, sliced raw, shredded, grated or chopped
- 1 large handful fresh flat leaf parsley, stems and leaves, finely chopped
- 1.3 liters home-made chicken broth
- 4 large handfuls of shredded cooked roast organic chicken
- 4 handfuls of leafy greens, such as spinach, watercress, cabbage etc. – finely chopped
- A big pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon (slice of fresh lemon) and or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, finely grated or juiced
- 1 inch piece of turmeric root, finely grated or juiced
- 2 fresh medium-sliced chilies, finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, to serve
- Firstly put your bone broth in a saucepan and start to heat it up to a gentle simmer.
- In a large pan, gently fry the onion in dripping until it is soft; add garlic slices and sauté for a further minute.
- Add carrot and green leafy veg, parsley stalks or herbs (about 2 more minutes) season with pink salt and pepper, cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes), then remove from heat and transfer to your serving bowl or glass jar (for lunch the next day).
To build bowl
- Place your veges and herbs in your bowl, add your shredded meat (left over from your broth perhaps), sliced chili, lemon slice and lemon juice, turmeric and ginger.
- Pour your hot broth over your ingredients and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!