Astar's recipe - More Gluten-Free recipes 22 October
Astar's Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten-free Baking Powder
75g Wheat starch
90g Bicarbonate of soda
50g Cream of Tartar
50g Tartaric Acid
- Mix all the ingredients together and rub through a fine
- Repeat sieving twice
- Store in an airtight container.
Janet's Gluten-free Bread
1 tsp sugar
150ml warm water
1 tsp dried yeast
175g gluten-free flour
50g instant milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
8g butter or margarine or lard
- Grease 450gm loaf tin.
- Add sugar to the water and sprinkle into the dried yeast.
- Leave until frothy (about 10mins)
- Place the dried ingredients in a bowl and rub in fats.
- Add the yeast liquid and beat to a smooth batter.
- Pour into the loaf tin.
- Place tin in a lightly greased poly bag and leave until mixture reaches top on tin.
- Bake at 190 Celsius / Gas Mark 5 for 30mins
For a cheese loaves add 75g finely grated cheese seasoned with freshly ground pepper to the dry ingredients.
This is an old recipe that used lard in place of margarine or butter. If people like to use lard they can.
Dianne's Gluten-free Bread
450 ml tepid water
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
380g rice flour
100g buckwheat or brown rice flour
70g chickpea flour
1� tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Xanthan or Guar Gum
3 tsp yeast
1 � tsp salt
For Grainy Bread
Add 3 tbsp seeds (Linseed/flax, Sunflower, pumpkin seeds or buckwheat kibble) or LSA.
1. Preheat oven to 60 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin
with baking paper.
2. In mixing bowl add tepid water, sugar and yeast and leave for 2 minutes
3. Add rest of sifted ingredients to mixing bowl and mix for 5-7 minutes at low/medium speed. The dough should resemble mashed potatoes.
4. Spoon mixture into loaf tin and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until risen.
5. Increase oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bread has risen and golden.
7. When tapped the bread sounds hollow.
It is really easy to make and tastes great.
Gluten-free Ginger Crunch
125 g sugar
200 g gluten free flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 tbsp preserved ginger - finely chopped
For the icing:
4 tbsp butter
8 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tsp ground ginger
For the garnish - 2 tbsp chopped preserved ginger
Pre set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
1. Cream butter and sugar, then sifted dry ingredients - knead
2. Add chopped ginger
3. Press into greased shallow tin
Bake 20 to 25 minutes
1. Into a pot add butter, icing sugar golden syrup and
2. Heat until melted then pour over hot cake.
Top with chopped preserved ginger, then cut into squares before it gets cold.