Astar's Craft: Olive Oil
Tips of its many uses –
Cooking is top of the list but, also excellent as
- Massage oil
- Moisturizer for normal dry and irritated skin
- To loosen ear wax– just use a few drops in each ear and plug up with a small cotton ball
- Screw jars – rub a little on the inside of screw top jars when making jams, pickles and preserves. This will help to prevent rust and makes removing the lids much easier
- A dot here and there will stop a squeaky door
Nourishing night cream –
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 drops lavender oil
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp rainwater
- Mix olive oil and cider vinegar together.
- Add water and slowly mix until smooth white cream form appears.
- Add oil.
- Pour into jar and give a good shake before each use as the mixture will settle.