Astar's Craft: Cupcake Paper Light Shade
Cupcake Paper Light Shade
I saw this idea in an old English House and Garden magazine and fell in love with the concept. It’s a perfect solution should you have a shade in need of replacement or if you want to colour co-ordinate to suit your décor.
Things to gather –
- Paper lantern in a size to suit
- Small and large cupcake papers
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Large mixing bowl to hold work during construction.
- Assemble paper lantern. Full instructions can be found in the pack
- Place into bowl so that it doesn’t roll around
- Use the hot glue gun to fix small cupcake casing inside larger ones
- Once all assembled, working in a circle from the top/down, fix casing to exterior of lantern
To finish – fix to existing electric light fitting, then stand back and enjoy your handy work.