Astar's Craft: Cauliflower Pickle
Super easy to make and yields 5 good sized jars and because cauliflowers are in season it’s the perfect time to be making it.
Shopping list –
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 kg of onions – chopped
- 500gm sugar
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 25 gm mustard powder
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 cups of malt vinegar
- 800 gm tin pineapple pieces – drained
- ½ cup flour mixed to make a paste with a little vinegar – this is to thicken pickles…
- Place into a pot of boiling water and simmer gently for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
- To pot add, onions, sugar, curry and mustard powder and salt. Add enough vinegar to cover and bring back to boil.
- When boiling add cauliflower and drained pineapple and give it a good stir.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then thicken with flour mix and boil a further 5 minutes
- Cool and bottle in sterilized jars.