Astar's chicken, and chocolate casserole recipes - 14 October
250g pasta sea shells
1 honey smoked smoken chicken
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 cups milk (approx)
1-2 cups cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta and drian, debone the meat from the chicken and cut roughly into bite-sized pieces.
Then make a white sauce add cheese to this.
Toss all three together put into a dish (35-45 cm by 20-30cm and about 3-4cm deep) bake for half an hour until piping hot.
Serve with veg or salad.
1 chicken breast per person
1 tbsp mayonnaise per chicken breast
1 tsp Dijon mustard per chicken breast
1/2 tsp grated parmesan per chicken breast
A good sprinkle of bread crumbs
1. Grill the chicken on both sides until it changes colour
2. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and parmesan
3. Put chicken in a baking dish and put mayo mixture all over the top
4. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs
5. Bake at 180 degrees for about 25-30 minutes
Serve with boiled potatoes and a couple of veggies
Astar's wonderful chocolate caserole pudding
90g margarine or butter
90g sugar (nice with brown sugar)
3 eggs at room temp - seperated and egg whites beaten stiffly
90g self-raising flour
50g baking cocoa
1 small block of dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
Preset oven to 180degC
Grease a shallow Pyrex /casserole dish, and prepare an oven dish a quarter filled with water.
1. Cream margarine and sugar until soft and light.
2. Gradually beat in egg yolks, then folded in sieved flour, cocoa and milk.
3. Fold in chocolate pieces. NOTE - sometimes the mixture curdles BUT don't worry - it all comes together nicely.
4. Lastly fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Pour into greased casserole and stand in water filled oven dish, COVERED!
6. Bake around 45 minutes.
The pudding will separate during cooking and gives a wonderful light fluffy texture on top with a moist saucelike texture at the bottom.
If you want it slightly crisp on top, don't cover.