Astar's berry sponge pudding - 4 August
Mixed Berry Sponge Pudding
Time: 20 mins
* 2 large eggs at room temp
* 1/4 cup caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla
* Pinch of salt
* 1 cup trim milk
* 1/2 cup plain all purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp BP
* 3 cups mixed berries - raspberries, blueberries, etc.
* Natural unsweetened yoghurt to serve
Preheat oven to around 200c
* Grease a quiche dish with a little olive oil.
* Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt and whisk until light and frothy.
* Mix in milk until well combined.
* Add flour and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
* Place berries into base of quiche dish, then pour over above batter.
* Bake 20 or so minutes until puffed and golden brown.
" Serve warm with dusted with icing sugar accompanied with yoghurt.