Adam Newell's Recipe - Roast Black Boy Peaches with Ricotta and Parma Ham - 28 Mar
Roast Black Boy Peaches with Ricotta and Parma Ham
This is real favourite of mine, my in laws have a Black Boy Peach tree on their vineyard, 3 Terraces and at this time of year they are just perfect.
Of course the best way to eat them is warm straight off the tree but I like to cook this for a late summer brunch or its great as a starter for a dinner party.
6 Black Boy Peaches cut in half
500 grams Fresh Ricotta Cheese
12 slices Parma Ham
1 red onion finely chopped
1/2clove garlic finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
100 mls extra virgin olive oil
30 mls white balsamic vinegar
50 mls dry white wine
6 Roma tomatoes
100 gram grated mozzarella cheese
1. Season the peaches with slat and pepper.
2. Lightly sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft, place the ricotta in a mixing bowl and add the onion mix to this. De-seed the tomatoes and chop into a fine dice add this to the cheese mix along with the basil.
3. With a desert spoon coat a good-sized spoonful over each peach. Cover with grated mozzarella and place in a baking tray.
4. Pour in the white wine and balsamic vinegar and place in a preheated 180degC oven for 15 to 20 mins until the peaches are just cooked.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, take one slice of Parma ham and wrap it around the peach.
Place the peaches on your serving platter and take the juices
left in the pan and add the olive oil to them to make a dressing.
Drizzle this over the peaches along with a little shredded basil
and chopped roma tomato.