Black Doris Plum Slice
From Tony Hanks
Time to make: 1 hour
150 gms butter
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs, 1 separated (dont need 2nd yolk)
3/4C plain unsweetened yoghurt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 2/3 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
200 gms (about 4) Black Doris plums, diced
35 mls orange juice
3/4 C icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 150?C. Line a Swiss roll tin with baking
paper, or grease and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Lightly whisk the egg and egg
white together. Add one-third of the egg mix and blend in,
repeating twice more until all the egg mix is used.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla and beat until just blended, about
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Lastly add the plums and gently fold through.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Once in the oven, whisk the icing sugar and orange juice
together until smooth.
- As soon as you take the slice out of the oven brush the glaze over the top.