Introducing new faces for Go Girls S5!
A new gang of Go Girls will step in front of the cameras when principal photography commences on series five of the hit local drama next week.
Now that Amy, Britta, Brad, Cody, Olivia and Kevin have successfully navigated their way through the minefield of their 20s, season five will introduce new friends who decide to try and take some control over their lives in an otherwise rather random universe.
The new cast includes:
- Shara Connolly reprising her role as Candy, the opportunistic bottle blonde who has inspired an entire “I Hate Candy” Facebook page. Given her current popularity, how can she ever turn this around? Especially when Ted is convinced she’s a witch.
- George Mason (Shortland Street, Tangiwai) is series narrator Ted, a down-to-earth landscape gardener and cruisy dude. Well, he was until the witch and an angel come back into his life on the very same day.
- Tai Berdinner-Blades (Home By Christmas) plays Bennie, Ted’s warm-hearted sister. She is currently terminally unemployed, and in desperate need of a bridesmaid’s frock for her best friend’s wedding.
- Newcomer JJ Fong plays Alice, a nerd princess who’s about to be married to her long term fiance. But a string of disasters that happen definitely aren’t on Alice’s wedding list.
- Leon Wadham (Under The Mountain) is Levi, Ted’s best friend and flatmate who works in events management. Smart and confident, his life is pretty much perfect. But not for long.
Britta Hawkins, Go Girls Producer says, “We are thrilled to be producing a fifth series of Go Girls and to be bringing the next generation of Kiwi acting talent to the screen. Our new cast have big shoes to fill, but we are confident that this new group will be as loved as their predecessors.”
More than two million New Zealanders tuned in to watch series four of Go Girls and at the 2012 NZTV awards, Go Girls took home the awards for Best Drama Series and Best Costume Design.
The consistent popularity of the show contributed to the fifth series being funded by NZ On Air.
Jeff Latch, Head of TV ONE and TV2 says, “It is a testament to the talented team at South Pacific Pictures that Go Girls has been a ratings success for four seasons. We are delighted to be able to screen this quality, NZOA funded New Zealand drama and give our TV2 viewers more of what they love in 2013.”
Jane Wrightson, Chief Executive of NZ On Air says “Five series of any local drama is a wonderful milestone. NZ On Air is delighted to bring a major TV2 series back to the screen in 2013.”
Series five of Go Girls will air on TV2 in 2013.