Episode 5 - Mediterranean Dressing
I love having a jar of this ‘deli mix’ in the fridge to toss through salad greens, stir into pasta or couscous or serve on grilled steak, chicken or a meaty fish like tuna.
Prep time 15 mins
• ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
• ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 2 tbsp capers, chopped
• ¼ small red onion, very finely sliced
• ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• ¼ cup boutique extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp red wine or sherry vinegar
• finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Mix or shake together all ingredients in a bowl or jar. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe is from Annabel’s TV series Annabel Langbein The Free Range Cook: Through the Seasons (7pm Saturday nights on TV One) and the accompanying book (Annabel Langbein Media, $59.95). For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see annabel-langbein.com