Cirque du Soleil Competition
Click here to enter!
This summer Cirque du Soleil returns to New Zealand with a spectacular new Show Varekai. Seen by more than three and half million people, Varekai premieres in Auckland on the 5th of January 2007.
To celebrate this our friends at Cirque du Soleil are giving Breakfast viewers an amazing opportunity to win a trip to Las Vegas for two people to see their latest creation Love which celebrates the musical Legacy of the Beatles.
The prize package includes return flights to the United States with Air New Zealand and three three night's accommodation at the MGM Mirage. The prize package is worth more than $8,000!!!
To enter send your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Breakfast Competition, TVNZ, PO Box 3819, Auckland.
Entries need to be with us by the 9th October and the winner will be drawn live on Breakfast at around 8.40am on the 11th October.
Be sure to read the following terms and conditions of entry to the Cirque du Soleil competition.
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on "How to Enter" and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand, except employees of the Promoter, TVNZ and their immediate families and agencies associated with this Promotion.
3. The Promotion commences Monday 25 September 2006 and final entries close Monday 9 October 2006 at 15:00. The draw will take place live on "Breakfast" on Wednesday the 11th of October 2006 at around 8.40 am at the. The winner will be notified by telephone and then notified by mail.
4. To enter participants must either:
Email email@example.com or write to Breakfast at TVNZ PO Box 3819 Auckland
5. Entries not completed in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or received after close of entry will not be considered. Incomplete entries will be disregarded. The Promoter (Cirque du Soleil) and TVNZ reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process. The judge's decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. TVNZ and the Promoter reserve the right to extend, postpone or cancel the competition and to update these terms and conditions (on tvnz.co.nz keyword breakfast) without notice.
7. The winners of the Promotion will be determined by one entry selected at random by the Breakfast presenters.
The entry randomly drawn will win a return trip for two (2) adults flying economy class departing from Auckland to Los Angeles and then Las Vegas, United States of America. The return airfares flying Air New Zealand from Auckland to Los Angeles and then a regional airline from Los Angeles to Las Vegas are valued at approximately AUD $3,000 each, excluding taxes and surcharges. The winner will also receive two (2) tickets (seating to be at the sole discretion of Cirque du Soleil) to see Cirque du Soleil's LOVE in Las Vegas valued at AUD$250.00 each (total value AUD$500.00). In Las Vegas, the winner will receive three (3) nights accommodation at MGM Mirage hotel (approximate value AUD$700). Maximum value of this prize is AUD$7,200.
The winner must be available to travel to Las Vegas (as per their prize) on the dates scheduled for the event.
8. The Prize does not include passports, visas, medical expenses, airport or hotel transfers, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, meals and beverages, airport or port taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades etc. The prize is non-transferable nor redeemable for cash. The prize must be taken between the date(s) necessary to coincide with the event(s). The prize does not cover regional flights or any flights/accommodation/ or other costs associated with travel to/from your place of residence to point of departure. Any costs associated with returning to your place of residence and all other ancillary costs other are at your own expense. The final flight dates will be determined by the promoter to coincide with event and if a winner wishes to change dates then it must be done directly with the airline and at the winner's expense. The Cirque du Soleil tickets will be booked for a specified date and will be valid for that day/night only.
9. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the first prize winner may be requested to present their credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals they may incur including their stay at the hotel. If the prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian and the participant must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
10. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Promoter reserves the right (subject to reference to all relevant state and territory regulations), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
11. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
12. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners sign a legal release in a form to be determined by TVNZ and the Promoter.
13. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter and TVNZ accept no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher/ ticket/ pass, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher/ ticket/ pass. The Promoter and TVNZ will not be liable for any voucher /ticket/ pass that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
14. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, TVNZ and the Promoter reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition in accordance with all state and territory regulations.
15. All entries become the property of TVNZ and the Promoter. The winners agree to be available to TVNZ and the Promoter for filming and photographing for promotional and publicity purposes.
16. The Promoter and TVNZ may use information it collects in relation to you to provide you with information regarding further offers, promotions or goods and services provided by the Promoter and/or the Promoter's partners and sponsors. The Promoter may also disclose information about you to its service providers to enable the Promoter to provide you with services. You consent to the Promoter's use and disclosure of information about you as contemplated by this paragraph.
17. Neither the Promoter nor TVNZ is responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries occurring in relation to the conduct of the Promotion. Additionally, the Promoter and TVNZ accept no responsibility for any email or mail entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of entry due to technical disruptions or for any other reason (including, without limitation, any failure or delay by a carriage service provider in delivery of any email or mail sent by you in relation to the Promotion.
18. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter and TVNZ will not be liable to you in respect of any claim for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any personal injury suffered by you as a result of or in connection with the Promotion.