Sweepstakes Rules and Prize Winner Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding.
2. Only one entry per person or email address. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Sponsors cannot be held responsible for computer system hardware, software or program errors, or other failures in computer transmissions or network connections for any entries lost or delayed through email. Sponsors cannot be held responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries.
3. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Employees of Sponsors, staff and families of related suppliers, tour agents, sponsors, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their agents and immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate in the prize drawing.
5. The closing date for an entry is 5pm, Monday December 14. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Sponsor's decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. Winners will be notified within 5 days of drawing. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or regular mail. Limit one prize per family or household. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Sponsors reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. There is a set departure date from Auckland on March 23, 2010. The departure date is flexible if the winner wants to extend their stay past March 30, 2010. Winners are advised to confirm return flight date ASAP to avoid potential rises in airfares. Black out dates and restrictions may apply.
8. Prize: See specific prize details below. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. Travel dates may be subject to blackout periods and other restrictions. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs or expenses associated with redemption or travel to redeem.
9. The prizewinner must accept that that his/her name and/or likeness may be announced in prize sponsors literature or on the Internet for publicity or advertising purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any sweepstakes should virus, computer hackers, or any other cause beyond its control impede the administration and or security of such sweepstakes
11. Sponsors may use any entrant information obtained in this promotional sweepstakes for purposes of conducting such sweepstakes and does not disclose such information externally to third parties, except with a fulfillment house which Sponsor uses to help select winners and fulfill prizes and with third-party sponsors. Any information supplied to a third party sponsor may be retained by such sponsor and will be out of the control of Sponsor.
12a. Both tickets must be used on the same flights and dates.
12b. Winner and guest must depart from same airport and return
to that airport. By accepting prize, the winner agrees to abide by
these terms and conditions.
12c. This offer is subject to availability and does not represent entitlement to book to travel on a specific route on a specific date. Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable. As with all tickets, arrangements are subject to availability and space is capacity controlled.
12d. Winner will be responsible for supplying valid passports. It is strongly recommended that travellers take out adequate travel insurance.
12e. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of major catastrophe, terrorist attack, epidemic, war, earthquake, or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar event.
12f. A seven (7) day advance notice is required. All expenses not expressly stated in the package description, including but not limited to, meals, ground transportation, passport and visa fees, security fees, taxes, insurance, gasoline or otherwise are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
13. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORS:
14. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ( " Rules") and apply to competitions included on the www.tvnz.co.nz website ( "Competition") , unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
15. Television New Zealand Limited ("TVNZ ") reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
16. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in New Zealand.
17. Employees of TVNZ or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with TVNZ or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. TVNZ reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
18. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, eg a valid passport, visas and/or drivers licence will be required if the Competition is a car or includes travel outside New Zealand and/or car hire.
19. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
20. TVNZ reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
21. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and TVNZ discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, TVNZ reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
22. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. TVNZ cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
23. Competitors agree that they will, if requested by TVNZ, appear in a trailer or other advertisement designed to promote the Programme.
24. Where the prize is a trip, Competitors agree that the winner will make themselves available on request for the recording of all parts of the trip, that the recording may be edited at the discretion of TVNZ and that TVNZ may transmit and authorise the transmission of the edited recording, together with their photographs and biographical material, for any purpose (except commercial endorsement) and by any means throughout the world in perpetuity.
25. It is a condition of accepting a travel prize that the winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals which may be incurred.
26. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. TVNZ reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
27. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of TVNZ which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, TVNZ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
28. To the full extent permitted by law, TVNZ will not be liable to the winner in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
29. TVNZ respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.