West Indian chop suey
1/2 tbsp chilli paste
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ginger, chopped (or from jar)
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garlic
1 small onion, sliced
1 tsp dried chilli, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
2/3 cup of beef stock
cut into matchsticks
1 red capsicum, sliced
1. Slice beef into thin strips. Place in bowl, then squeeze
orange juice over. Leave for 5 minutes.
2. Mix soy sauce, chilli paste and ginger together. Stir into beef and marinate for 20 minutes (or longer if you have the time).
3. Heat the oil; then fry the garlic, onions, dried chilli and spring onions. When the onions have become soft, add the beef and stir fry.
4. When the beef changes colour, add the bean sprouts.
5. Add the cornflour to stock, stir until dissolved, then add this mixture to the beef and bean sprouts; stir evenly.
6. Garnish with the carrot and red capsicum.