Thai green curry with beef
- 500gm beef, cut into 1/2in x 2 in pieces
- 1 x 450ml can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Thai eggplants
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 cup sweet basil leaves (either Thai basil or regular basil)
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part, cut into ? in pieces
- 1" piece galangal, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup coriander root
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 green chillies
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kaffir lime skin, minced (optional)
- Optional red chillies for garnish.
Place all the green curry paste ingredients in an electric blender and process until smooth, or pound in a mortar.
Pour the coconut milk and green curry paste into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add beef, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the eggplant and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut cream and mix well.
Add the kaffir lime leaves and basil leaves and simmer for a
further 2 minutes.
Garnish with the red chillies if desired.